Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES
- The Customer should ensure that sufficient packaging is used for each consignment with proper Sender and receiver labels pasted.
- Each parcel must bear or be accompanied by the duly completed documents. The Customer shall be liable for any errors in their completion.
- The packaging must ensure that on the one hand the goods they are protected against loss and ge and that on the other hand persons carrying out the transportation and other parcels transported are not endangered.
- The packaging must ensure that access to the parcels content is not possible without leaving a clear trace on the outside of the parcel.
- For parcels sent using the Simon International , AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE INCLUDING VAT CHARGE WILL APPLY IN THE EVENT THAT YOUR PARCEL HAS NOT BEEN TAPED APPROPRIATELY. This charge is to cover the cost of labor and materials for re taping your parcel in order for its safe delivery. We taping your parcel shall not affect your parcels dimensions or weight.
- Further to clause 5 above, re taping shall not apply to parcels that the Company considers are not capable of being secured safely without replacing the packaging. IN THE EVENT THAT THE PACKAGING MUST BE REPLACED, AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE INCLUDING VAT WILL APPLY.
- Further to clause 5 and 6, should the customer not authorize the additional charge payment to be taken, the order will be cancelled and the parcel will be held by the Company until the Customer has paid the cost to return the parcel in a secure condition with a Courier selected by the Company to the original collection address. The Company shall hold the parcel for a maximum of 21 days or it might vary from third party service providers.
- For parcels sent through Simon International , the Customer is responsible for ensuring the dimensions and weight of the parcel are declared accurately when placing the order as it is a condition of service.
- All data to be provided by the Customer (including by electronic means) in relation to the ordering, labelling, Carriage or invoicing of the Consignment shall be accurate, complete, of the correct type, and be provided in a timely manner as required by the Company. Such data shall include, but not be limited to the weight of the Consignment; an accurate description of the contents of the Consignment; a full and accurate name and address of the Receiver including the postcode, a mobile telephone number, email address and a daytime landline telephone number. IF THE CUSTOMER HAS FAILED TO PROVIDE ALL SUCH NECESSARY DATA, THEN THE CARRIER SHALL BE ENTITLED TO REFUSE TO CARRY THE CONSIGNMENT AND THE COMPANY SHALL CHARGE THE CUSTOMER ACCORDINGLY FOR THE COST OF RETURNING THE CONSIGNMENT TO THE CUSTOMER’s COLLECTION ADDRESS. AN ADMINISTRATION CHARGE INCLUDING VAT FOR THE ARRANGEMENT OF THE RETURN CARRIAGE SHALL ALSO APPLY.
- For the purpose of clause 9 above, the unit of measurement for the weight shall be in KiloGrams to the nearest single decimal place.
- Once the Customer’s item has been collected, it may only be delivered to the delivery address specified when the order was placed.
- In the event that the Carrier concludes that there is a problem with the Customer’s Consignment which prevents the fulfillment of the Service, the Customer shall be notified of the problem. If the problem is caused as a result of the Customer’s breach of the terms under this agreement (i.e. Insufficient packaging, restricted items, incorrect information supplied) then the Customer shall pay the cost of carriage for the safe return of the Consignment to the original Collection Address. SHOULD THE CONSIGNMENT NOT BE SAFE TO RETURN, 72 HOURS WILL BE GIVEN FROM THE DATE AND TIME THE CUSTOMER IS NOTIFIED OF THE PROBLEM TO COLLECT THE CONSIGNMENT FROM THE CARRIERS DEPOT. SHOULD THE CUSTOMER NOT COLLECT THE CONSIGNMENT WITHIN THIS TIME FRAME, THE CONSIGNMENT WILL BE DISPOSED OF. A new order will need to be placed should the Customer wish to send the Consignment again.
- For International Shipments, it is the responsibility of the Sender to submit all papers required for the customs clearance.
- In the event that the intended recipient of the Consignment refuses to pay any customs duty imposed by the relevant authority, the Sender shall be required to pay the customs duty before the Consignment shall be released and delivered. SHOULD THE SENDER REFUSE TO PAY THE CUSTOMS DUTY, THE CONSIGNMENT WILL BE DISPOSED OF.
- In the event that the Consignment is returned to the Collection Address, the Customer shall not be eligible for a refund or compensation. This shall not affect the Customer’s rights under, and claims.
- The Customer is not permitted, under any circumstance, to resell the services or the rates that the Company offers.
Obligations to the Customers
- The Services constitute a Technology platform that enables Users of Simon International Mobile application and website as a part of the service to arrange a Courier and/or logistics services within the vicinity of your location with the reputable third party provider of the services.
- Services like Pick up, Delivery, Returns are fulfilled by the Courier and/or logistics services that you have chosen at the time of ordering.
- Ensure the correct parcel is given to the correct collection agent from the Courier and/or logistics services that you have chosen at the time of ordering.
- Simon International /Carriers have the right to refuse a consignment for:
- Insufficient Packaging
- Consignment is too large
- Labels on the Parcel/Consignment is not matching with details provide at the time of booking.
- No/Insufficient documentation.
- All the queries/Claims must be directed through Simon International who will then contact the relevant carrier on behalf of the user/Sender. If in any case the carrier is contacted directly, Simon Internationalmay not be able to assist you with your query at any later date.
- We are constantly trying to improve our services, if in any case the fare estimate is not populated for the specified Pin code/Address, then the Pickup Address / Delivery addresses is not served by our carrier partners, in such case please contact Simon International.
- All the prices/ fare estimates on the mobile application or website will be in the currency of the Country of the origin of the service unless specified.
- To receive real-time tracking update and notifications, always paste the Booking ID generated from our systems or else entry the tracking no which was produced at the time of pick up to track the consignment/parcel.
YOUR ATTENTION IS PARTICULARY DRAWN TO THIS CLAUSE AND LIMITS OF OUR LIABILITY WITHIN IT
- Nothing in this agreement shall limit or exclude our liability for;
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- simoninternational.co.in and the Third party Courier and/Logistics services offering the services available on Website to the customer shall perform the service in a professional manner with the appropriate level of skill and care. However, there are instances where damage to a consignment or loss of a consignment may occur at the same time as the courier you have chosen carries out the service. In such circumstances the liability we offer will be limited as set out in these terms and conditions. The reasoning behind such limitations of our liability is as follows
- The value of a Consignment and the amount of potential loss to you that could arise if a Consignment is damaged or lost is not something which we can easily ascertain but is something which is better known to you. In many cases it cannot be known to us at all and can only be known to you.
- The potential amount of loss that might be caused or alleged to be caused to you is likely to be disproportionate to the sum that we could reasonably be expected to charge you for providing the Service(s) under this Agreement.
- Above we wish to limit our liability for any damage caused to you to Nill unless you have chosen a Carrier Risk.
- It is not possible for us to obtain cover which would give unlimited compensation for our full potential liability to all of our customers and, even if it were, such cover would be much cheaper if taken out by you (rather than us taking out such cover and passing the cost on to you) and on that basis, it is more appropriate for you to take out such cover through third party Insurance Companies.
- We investigate all claims received by us in a fair and speedy manner, but such investigations are more accurate and are easier to perform soon after the loss or damage is alleged to have incurred and on that basis, the timescales set out in this Agreement are necessary to ensure that such investigations can be performed fairly
- We shall only be liable for damage or loss caused to you if it is caused by our negligence, breach of duty or other wrongful act or omission, and only subject to the limitations set out within this whole clause
- We shall not be liable to you under any circumstances for any direct or indirect loss (including, but not limited to loss of profits, or loss of goodwill) or for any other special or indirect losses, costs, damages, or claims which do not arise naturally as a result of our negligence, breach of duty, or other wrongful act or omission.
- We shall not be liable to you under any circumstances where there are any material discrepancies (meaning more than 5% difference) between the declared dimensions and weights and the actual dimensions and weights.
- We shall not be liable for any items sent that are listed on our prohibited and/or restricted items list, these will be sent at the customers own risk.
- If a number of parcels or individually wrapped goods are sent as one through our service they must be encased within one outer box. Failing to do this any package or individually wrapped item that comes apart in transit, resulting in one or more of them being lost, once the remaining parcel(s) are signed for by the recipient, you accept that you cannot make a claim for loss or partial loss of that consignment..
- We shall not be able to accept liability for any parcels that are handed to the wrong courier by the sender or that are left unattended for the collection to occur. It is the responsibility of the customer and/or sender to ensure the parcel is given to the correct courier. Items left unattended will be sent at the customers/senders own risk.
- Where a parcel is sent to a service that does not require a signature and there is a valid delivery scan no claim for loss can be processed on that order.
- Should simoninternational.co.in be liable for any reason,
- If the consignment is damaged or lost and claims will be accepted only if the carrier risk is selected at the time of ordering. This compensation cover is based on the Courier and/ Logistics Company you have selected and compensation may not be the full value declared in all cases.
- Where the declared value of the order is set to INR 0.00 no claim, regardless of the circumstances, will be processed as it will be deemed as being sent with no monetary value.
- For all claims to be able to ascertain the extent of our liability we do require proof of the value of the whole consignment and any part or parts of it which make it up. The proof of value in all cases must be a receipt or invoice for the items.
- We/ Third party courier and/or Logistics service providers will be unable to accept website screenshots, Catalogue print outs, or similar item values as proof of the value of the item you are sending.
- Third party courier and/or Logistics services providers will only be able to cover for the cost of replacing the goods and will not cover for the profit you made on the item(s) or applicable value added tax (or like tax) on such profit.
- We/ Third party courier and/or Logistics service providers will not be able to accept a proof of value in the format of a word document.
- For all claims of loss and part loss we must receive a proof of loss, in addition to the proof of value, as part of the claim. This is an indication from the receiver that the goods have not been delivered/received.
- This needs to be signed letter from the receiver showing the date and full delivery address. This must be provided as part of the claim.
- We shall not be able to accept an email as a proof of loss as we do require the receiver to sign a letter to advise the goods have not been received.
- We will not be able to accept any claims for damage where the following, in addition to the proof of value, is not being received.
- Photos showing the full extent of the damage to the item.
- Photos showing the internal packaging used
- Photos showing the external packaging used
- A quote for the repair to the item
- We shall not accept liability for any damage claims where the packaging does not comply with our packaging guidelines. As a minimum each parcel should be in a new, undamaged cardboard box that is strong enough to carry the weight of the goods, the goods should not be able touching any side of the box and must be cushioned using internal packaging that is of at least 2 inches thick. This can be bubble wrap or foam.
- In all events of damage the item must be kept and available for inspection if this is required by the courier. Failing to have the item available should an inspection be needed the claim will be rejected and we will not be liable.
- Where there are no physical signs of damage to the item we will not be liable and no claim will be processed in this event.
- We shall not be liable for damage if the customer choosing a service that does not have damage cover available. It is the customer’s responsibility to check the service restrictions when placing the order.
- Should your item be disposed of due to it being deemed unsafe, health and safety risk or not fit for transportation we shall not be liable in these instances.
- We shall not be liable to you under any circumstance for any loss or damage unless you notify us by contacting our customer service through firstname.lastname@example.org
- After notification of making a claim or submitting a claim with missing documents you will have a maximum of 14 calendar days to submit a full claim or send through any missing documents. If this is not received within this time frame the claim will be rejected.
- Should your claim be rejected and you wish to appeal this decision must be made within 7 calendar days of the rejection notice being sent. Any appeals received after this date will be rejected and we will not be liable.
- We can only accept, pay and discuss any matters do with a claim/order on our services with the person who enters into this agreement. All other parties are not privy to this information.
- Claims can only be accepted via our online through email@example.com or by submitting a claim through our Website. Claims received in any other method may be rejected and we will not be liable.
- Any item requesting to be returned, but later delivered to the original receiver cannot be claimed against as we cannot guarantee to stop the parcel in transit. We cannot be liable for these instances.
- All claims will be submitted to the relevant carrier for review simoninternational.co.in reserves the right not to conclude any claim until a decision for said courier is received.
- simoninternational.co.in reserves the right to salvage damaged goods before resolving a claim. In such instances, once the item has arrived at simoninternational.co.in offices a decision on the claim will be sent to the customer.
- simoninternational.co.in reserves the right to reject any claim should any of the above terms not be met.
- Maximum Liability for Own Risk
SL NO Operator TYPE AMOUNT 1 FedEx Documents INR 1,000.00 2 FedEx Parcels INR 1,000.00 3 Delhivery Documents/Parcels INR 1,000.00 4 XpressBees Documents/Parcels INR 1,000.00 56 AramexECom Exp. Documents/ParcelsDocuments/Parcels INR 1,000.00INR 1,000.00
- Nothing in this agreement shall limit or exclude our liability for;
Returns/RTO of the Products.
- Products which are not accepted by the Customer for any reason whatsoever will be returned to the user at the location(s) as specified by the User at the time of Shipment.
- Returns will be initiated by the logistics partners for all products which are not accepted by the Customer and the RTO (return to origin) charges would be same as the agreed shipping rates.
- The User will ensure that such products are accepted at the location(s) specified by the User and share the Airway bill number against which the shipment returned to the User/client.
- In case of non-acceptance of the RTO shipment by the Users, Simon International reserves the right to levy suitable demurrage charges for extended storage of such products for any period exceeding 7 (seven) days from initiation of the Returns and up to 45 (Forty Five) days from such date. In case of non-acceptance of the Products beyond 45 (forty five) days, ICS has the right to dispose such products and the User will forfeit all claims in this regard towards the Service Provider.
- The Consignor may insure the shipments entrusted for carriage to ICS at his own cost and expense. In the event of any loss or damage to the shipment in such a scenario, ICS agrees to provide the Consignor a certificate of facts (“COF”) upon a written request from the Consignor. The Consignor agrees and acknowledges that the COF will be issued by ICS without admission of any claim and that ICS shall be discharged of all liabilities, if any, arising out of the shipment on acceptance of the loss/damage/shortage certified by the Consignor.
Cancellation and Refunds.
- Any cancellations of the confirmed orders can be done by writing an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, User should make the payment and unless acknowledged by Simon International.
- We shall not, in any circumstances, be liable to you for any refunds where our Terms and Conditions have not been fully complied with including any items sent on the Prohibited list.
- We will not be held responsible for wrong information that is entered on a booking. We shall not be liable for any costs or losses that you may suffer that arising directly or indirectly from our failure or delay to perform any of our obligations due to this.
- We shall not in any circumstances be liable for any late delivery or missed delivery or failure to deliver caused by or contributed to by any deficient or ambiguous labeling of a Consignment and you agree to be responsible for ensuring that such labeling is clear and unambiguous.
We aim to provide outstanding customer service. If you have any complaint about the service you have received from us, at email@example.com
No reduction of charges will be made if the Company receives less than the number of parcels for which the Customer has contracted.
We at Simon International are committed to protect its visitors and user’s privacy and data/information. The Following privacy and Cookies policy outlines how data/information about you is processed and how we may use that data/information to better serve visitors and users while using our website or mobile application. We appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly, please review the following carefully so that you understand our privacy practices.
Why we Process your Data/Information?
The data that we process from users/customers is used to personalize and continually enhance the experience at Simon International website for your Geo-location.
Using our Website
We process technical data such as your IP-Address, webpage visited, the browser you use, previous/next webpage visited, duration of each session to facilitate us to deliver the functionality of the website. All this information is used to manage the website, resolve technical snags, and deliver the best possible experience and access to the information on the website.
Share shipment details
The User can choose to use the advanced features of the app, like “Share” the booked shipment details/tracking information to the person/organization who is intended to receive the courier/parcel. This information carriage to the other entiry while sharing is done at customer’s risk.
2. Personal Information
When you request for the courier and/or logistical services via our app, we provide complete pickup and delivery address with name and phone numbers and all the entered details of the courier/parcel to the service providers, which you are intended to send through.
3. Notifications and telephone numbers
When you request for the courier and/or logistical services via our app or website, from the time your booking is confirmed until the courier/parcel is delivered, the courier and/or Logistical services provider or Simon International can contact you over the phone to schedule/ reschedule the Pickup/Delivery. During this time if you have assented, we will push the notifications to your device to let you know information about the pickup and delivery tracking information.
When your register and use our services, your Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking information is provided to our payment process provided Razorpay Software Private Limited. in order to process the payments for your Booking. Simon International only collects BIN Numbers, Last Four Digits of the Cards numbers, the expiration dates to prevent fraud.
Management of statistical data
All the information collected are closely processed and monitored to for internal operations. Like features and services used most, usage pattern, usage time, usage regions to determine where we progress the services and features to augment user experience. We work closely with the Third Party Service Providers to perform functionalities on behalf of us; we might provide the information to process and perform their functionalities, analysis and statistics and are contractually bound to use only for the purpose intended here.
Disclosure of your Information
We employee/associate with third party companies and individuals/professionals to execute functions and services on our behalf. To execute services like pick up, delivery, payments process, customer support, we provide geographical information to our third party courier and/or logistical service providers. We would need to provide this information to process and perform their functionalities. We are also mutually contracted and bound to use only for the purpose intended.
We will disclose your information to the extent that this is legally required, or when necessary for the setting up, use or defense of the legal claims, proceedings and process; or in the event of an emergency pertaining to your safety.
Your Right to Information
As a user, you have the right to information regarding your personal information, you can always choose not to provide information or correct or erase of your personal information. Even though it might be needed before using the features or services in website.
We also use “cookies” and “image tags” to collect certain usage information from all customers and visitors to our website. A “cookie” is a small text file that a website can place on your computer’s hard drive or on your mobile device’s memory in order to collect information about your activities on our website. An “image tag,” also known as a clear GIF or web beacon, works together with cookies and is a small image file that may be located in various areas of our website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you have the option to change your browser setting to decline them.
Accepting cookies will not give us access to your computer or any personal information about you, since cookies are not used to identify anonymous website visitors. Our cookies enable you to proceed smoothly through our website and know whether you have used it before, so as to eliminate some steps that apply to new visitors. Cookies also give us usage data like how often you visit, where you go on our website, and what you do while here.